Warner Pacific University provides accommodations for qualifying students consistent with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its amendments, and the Fair Housing Act.

Accommodation Process

Any student who has a documented disability that may require accommodations to fully participate in the University should contact Accessibility Services at Accessibility@fairgroundtenantspersecution.com as soon as possible, preferably more than 30 days prior to the semester for academic accommodations and 60 days prior for housing accommodations. Accommodations cannot be applied retroactively and may take time to implement, so prompt communication is strongly advised.

Appeals Process

Unresolved issues about eligibility in general or specific accommodations may be appealed by the following process:

  • Submit a written statement that clearly and briefly describes the alleged violation of the regulations to the Assistant Director of Academic Success and Accessibility. A complaint should be filed within 60 calendar days after the complainant/student becomes aware of the alleged violation. (Extenuating circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis.)
  • An investigation will be conducted by the Assistant Director of Academic Success and Accessibility or his/her designee. These rules contemplate informal but thorough investigations, affording all interested persons an opportunity to submit evidence relevant to any reported complaint.
  • A determination as to the validity of the complaint and a description of the resolution, if any, will be issued in writing by the Assistant Director of Academic Success and Accessibility to the complainant and parties to the complaint, no later than 45 calendar days after the filing of the complaint.
  • Appeals to the resolution decision may be submitted for review to the Academic Policy Committee care of its faculty chair, or to another appropriate committee pertaining to the nature of the complaint.
  • If the issue is not resolved, a final campus appeal can be made to the Vice President of Student Success and Engagement and the Vice President of Academic Affairs, who will offer a joint decision.
  • If the issue remains unresolved, or at any point in the review process, the student may appeal to the Office of Civil Rights, www.ed.gov/ocr/docs/howto.html.